Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Trojan Horse- Cassie Adams

The Trojan Horse is a tale from the Trojan War in which Odysseus develops a plan to invade the walled city of Troy and win the war. He builds a great wooden horse to present to the Trojans as a gift. However, he hides a force of men inside. The Greeks then pretend to retreat, and the Trojans celebrate, thinking they had won the war. The Greeks then came out of the wooden statue and easily defeated the Trojans. 

My dream journey is to travel to any many different parts of the world as possible. I have lived in Lexington, Kentucky my entire life and haven't had the opportunity to travel much outside of the surrounding states. I really want to see the world and be exposed to a variety of interesting and enlightening experiences.  At the top of my list of places I would like to visit is Latin America and Spain. I have studied the Spanish language in school for many years and I would love to put my knowledge to good use and also learn more about the culture and way of life in these places. 

3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your analysis of the story of Odysseus and the Trojan horse. Your analysis was easily understood but still included thought out details. I think it's interesting that you want to travel the world especially travel to Spanish-speaking countries to use you Spanish knowledge and be immersed in the culture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, also, would like to travel the world. Mainly Europe, but the rest of the world at some point. The UK would be first on the list, possibly including a through-hike on the Coast-to-Coast trail. 190 miles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed your retelling of the tale as well as your dream journey story. I've lived in Lexington my entire life as well, so I can completely relate to you wanting to explore foreign places. Latin America seems like the perfect place to start because every country is unique and completely different than Lexington.

    ReplyDelete