Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Post 8: Tower of Babel- Lucy Wan

Once, all the people of Earth spoke the same language. As they moved eastward, they found a plain and decided to build a city and a tower that would reach to heaven. They believed that this tower would give them a name, and thus they would not be scattered across the Earth. But, the Lord came down to see the city and the tower and decided the people were too powerful. And so, the Lord made all the people speak different languages and scattered them across the world.

My next language will be Chinese. While I am conversationally fluent, it is difficult to understand complex vocabulary. Communication with my parents is often difficult. I would like to be able to read and write Chinese, as well as expand my already existing vocabulary. It is a language that will help me in the future as well; China is a growing economic power, and learning the language fully would open up many doors.

No comments:

Post a Comment