Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Tower of Babel Kaylyn Torkelson


            The entire Earth had one language allowing every person to easily communicate with one another. They lived on a plain and began building a tower out of brick and mortar that would reach unto heaven. The Lord came down to Earth to see this tower,. He thought that the people would be able to achieve anything they ever imagined if they could complete this tower- because they were all capable of working together and understanding one another. The Lord wasn't a fan of this idea and displayed his power by changing the languages every person spoke. He then scattered all the people throughout the Earth. The tower was named Babel.

 

            I have spent most of my life learning the Spanish language, although I haven't taken an actual class in the language since my sophomore year of high school. My next language would probably be German, because it would be the most helpful to the field in which I want to major. A lot of engineering students are learning German and studying abroad in Germany because of the country's technological/industrial boom. If I did want to learn another language, German would open up a lot of work and study related opportunities that could further advance my career.

1 comment:

  1. Germany is a great country for technology, and for everything else too. Just ask Hans. Despite a German family background, I am unfamiliar with the language and would like to learn it too.

    ReplyDelete