Wednesday, October 1, 2014

My Dream Journey Aaron Dupont

The story of the Trojan Horse is how the Greeks tricked the Trojans and won the war against them. The Greeks had been on the losing end up the war so far and needed to think of something that would turn the tables. So, they made a huge wooden horse and hid a bunch of Greek soldiers inside of it. They offered this horse to the Trojans as a gift, then sailed away as though they were defeated. The Trojans accepted this and brought it inside the city of Troy. Then in the middle of the night the Greek soldiers inside the horse got out and opened the gates for the rest of the Greek army that had sailed back in the middle of the night and the Greeks then destroyed the city of Troy decisively ending the war.
My dream journey would be to travel the world. I have already been to parts of Europe and Central America, but I would love to travel to Africa and experience the culture and wildlife that Africa has to offer. I think it would really open my eyes to a whole new part of the world and I would be able to see how those people live and how well off we are compared to them. I would also love to travel to France. I really want to see the Eiffel tower and be able to experience the French culture and foods. The country I would want to go to the most would be Australia. I would love to tour the Outback and swim around in the Great Coral Reef. Going to Australia for me would be the experience of a lifetime. If I could visit all these places then that would be my dream journey.

6 comments:

  1. The summary was well written; it didn't get bogged down in the details and still got the point of the story across. The second part could have been more descriptive though. Perhaps, you could have narrowed down the trip to one place so you could go into great detail or elaborate on all three places. Great job overall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you move into the second piece of your piece I liked your choice about traveling to France and Australia. Australia is a place not many people would think about visiting so its different from other posts. Good job overall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your summary was concise and strong. Your trip ideas were strong as well, but certainly not concise. You have very many interesting hopes and plans, but maybe you could narrow them down for the time being! You seem to be a very open-minded person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a pretty good job of summarizing and explaining the Trojan horse story. I think it is a good idea that you want to visit Africa and see the other side of life on the other side of the ocean, I think that would be a humbling experience. Your dream journey overall would be a very life changing, culturing, and diverse trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your summary was clear and concise, I enjoyed reading it. You really shone in the second part, you seem like a very ambitious person. Good luck in Australia, watch out for those dropbears.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your summary was thorough. The theme with the adventures seems to be to travel the world. I also chose traveling the world as my adventure. It was good that you explained why you'd like to go to each country and specifically Australia.

    ReplyDelete