Tuesday, October 28, 2014

The Tower of Babel-Karl Werner

Everyone on Earth spoke the same language, allowing them all to communicate with each other. The people decided to join together and build a tower that would reach heaven. They began constructing it out of brick and clay. The Lord saw this and was displeased. He realized that, being able to communicate so well, the humans could accomplish anything. Feeling threatened by this, God made it so the people spoke a multitude of languages and scattered them across the globe.
The next language I want to learn is Japanese. Japan is a fantastic business market, and I love their culture. It is definitely somewhere I want to spend time in during my life. To do this, I must be able to communicate with the people there, so I therefor must learn their language. I would also be able to experience more of their culture. I certainly don't have time now, but if I ever did, I would like to learn Japanese.

No comments:

Post a Comment