Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Post 4 Trojan Horse- Cassadi Cordea

Odysseus came up with the idea to construct a huge wooden horse that would hide Greek forces inside. The plan was to present the horse as a gift of surrender to the Trojans so that it would be taken inside the city. One man, Sinon, volunteered to be the person standing outside of the horse, acting as though the people had abandoned him and decided to give this horse to the Trojans as a gift. Sinon is able to successfully convince the Trojans that the Greeks have gone. The Trojans accept the wooden horse because they think they have won the war, but this action leads to their defeat by the Greeks. 

My dream journey would be to a couple of different places. First of all, I would love to travel to France. I want to see the Eiffel Tower, Paris, and Versailles. To be able to travel there and immerse myself in their culture would be quite an experience. The next place I want to visit is Romania. The name "Cordea" is Romanian, and that's where my great grandparents moved to America from in the early 1900's. I never got to meet them, but my grandpa often tells me stories about them. I want to learn more about where they came from and be able to see it for myself. 

3 comments:

  1. I like how into the culture you are. The second paragraph is really swinging with nice references to your family. Nice paragraph overall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your summary of the trojan horse. Europe is a pretty cool place to travel. You should check out Italy as well, it's my favorite place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your dream journey; it is an admirable goal. Europe is boiling over with culture, and has plenty of things to learn if one is interested.

    ReplyDelete