Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Post 8 - Angela Tseng

The Tower of Babel takes place when the world all spoke one common language and everyone understood each other. The humans all got together and decided to start building a tower to Heaven out of bricks and tar to make a name for themselves. However God saw the tower and felt threatened by the humans' power thinking that they were too powerful together when able to speak the same language and communicate easily. Because of this he creates lots of new languages and scatters the humans all over the earth. The tower they started to build was known as Babel.

It sounds kind of silly but the next language I want to "learn" is Chinese. While I already have pretty good speaking and listening skills, those could still be improved on quite a bit and I know next to nothing about how to read and write Chinese. I think it would be a good thing for me to learn even if it'd be difficult. 

No comments:

Post a Comment