Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Max Morris - Blog 6

Everybody in the entire world was terrible, and God wasn't taking it. He decided to eliminate all of humanity and start with a clean slate. However, there was one decent person name of Noah. God thought Noah deserved to live, so he told him his plan of flooding the Earth, and gave him some tips on how to build a boat to survive. He also told him to bring one male and one female of every species of animal, because he had nothing against animals, just people. Noah did as God said, then God made it rain for 40 days and nights. Once the flood was over, God sent a dove down to Noah as a sign that peace was on its way. Noah and his family got off the boat and began to repopulate, and humanity was good again. 

An animal that fascinates me is the ape. They not only interest me for the obvious reasons, like their intelligence and similarity to humans, but because of their representation in media. What is it about monkeys that we are meant to find so funny? Don't get me wrong, I think they're hilarious too, but check out the Netflix family section sometime and note how many monkey movies there are. Is that just a cheap way to entertain children now, but a monkey in clothes and just hope for the best? It's even branched out into more mature films (Every Which Way But Loose) and TV (BJ and the Bear). I wonder if monkeys would think us acting like apes was as funny as them acting like us. I personally would be pretty insulted if I was an ape, being though of as inherently funny for anything I do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment