Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Post 6 Jania Stevenson

Pygmalion was a young sculptor who lived in the city of Cyprus. He was very involved with his work, and thought nothing was as beautiful as the marble people he sculpted. One day he started on a very special piece. He put all his effort into this sculpture, making it perfect. Once he was finished, he couldn't handle giving it away, so he kept it. He named her Galatea and he soon fell in love with her. He looked at her all the time, wishing she was real. At the festival of Venus, he prayed to the goddess for a perfect wife, one like his statue. To his surprise when he went home, Galatea came to life! Pygmalion's dream had finally come true.

Some characters that I wish would come to life are the Muses from Hercules. I would just have them follow me around at all times and sing my life. They could make anything I do sound good. I would also probably ask them to give me some singing lessons because I can't sing at all, and they could help me at least sound somewhat decent. I also love their outfits so if they came to life I would definitely borrow them.

No comments:

Post a Comment