Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Tower of Babel-Eliot Smith

The story takes place in the first chapter of the Bible, a very long time ago.  Somehow, everyone in the world at this point in time could all speak the exact same language, and they all assembled to build a town in which they could live and worship god.  They decided to build a tower to worship the heavens, called the Tower of Babel, that reached high into the sky.  The Lord, however, was slightly threatened by this group of people, as he thought that, if they could all communicate, they could do anything...maybe even overcome God himself.  So, the Lord scattered all of the people building the town all over the earth and, with a flick of the wrist, made it so that no one spoke the same language, and therefore, could not communicate.

Before I die, I would love to learn Italian.  There are multiple reasons for this.  The language itself, in my opinion, sounds incredibly fluid and cool, but I would also like to learn it because my Dad's side is Italian, and I bare many Italian features.  Learning the language, going to where my grandmother grew up, and ordering a meal in Italian sounds like an incredible experience.

Plus, there are the Italian women.

Mi piace.

No comments:

Post a Comment