Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Eve Origins-Jack Humphries

God said let there be light and there was light. He then proceeded to create earth and all beasts and plants that inhabit earth over the course of 6 days. On the 7th day he rested because he was tired. He created man in his image and then let the newly formed human name all his creations. Then god put Adam under some heavy anesthesia so he could take out one of his ribs and make it into a wo"man". After this the snake decides to mess with Adam and eve by convincing eve to eat some shady fruit from the "tree of knowledge of good and evil" and eve brings some to Adam as well. God throws a fit from this and casts down Adam and eve as well as making the snake eat dust for eternity.


My origins are more humble than that of Adam and Even. I was born in Lexington and have lived here ever since. I consider myself a myriad of things: a swimmer, a student, a son. I began swimming after a soccer accident. My accident was running into a guy a foot and a half taller than me and the result was I chipped a bone in my knee. After a few months of crutches and casts my leg was liberated. After months of neglect, my leg was feeble and failed to support my weight. In order to rehabilitate myself I swam. Originally I hated it but eventually I grew to enjoy and love the sport.

1 comment:

  1. I thought your retelling of the Bible story was well done. Your story was very painful; knee injuries are the worst! Your vocabulary was strong. I liked how I got to see you overcoming your injury and growing to love swimming,

    ReplyDelete