Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Post 4 - Angela Tseng

In the story of Cain and Abel, Even gives birth to a son, Cain, and soon after another, Abel. Even though the two brothers usually got along they were very different as Cain grew crops and Abel kept flocks. One day the Lord as them each to bring him an offering and both of the sons brought their hard work. Cain's came in the form of crops while Abel's came in the form of his fattest sheep and the Lord accepted the gifts but looked at Abel's with more favoritism. In a fit of rage and jealousy Cain killed his brother.

Even though I have an older sister who's currently a junior in college I can't really say that I relate to the story of Cain and Abel very much. As children me and my sister got along really well, as we do now, and we've never really had any huge conflicts. The only things we fight about now are pretty trivial like if one of us takes something from the other without asking and then the take-ee can't find it later or, since we have slightly different senses of humor, if one of us wants to show the other a YouTube video and the other person refuses to watch it. But those things blow over easily and I've never thought about killing my sister like Cain did and I doubt she has either as I'm still alive and well. So although I don't think my sister are very similar personality wise we still find ways to get along and support each other. 

2 comments:

  1. Your summary of the Cane and Abel story was detailed but very concise. And in contrast to most people it was interesting how you didn't really relate to this story because you and your sister get along very well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your summary is very well written. I enjoyed the examples about the conflicts that you have had, and I enjoyed the slightly sarcastic comment about you're sister not wanting to kill you considering she hasn't... yet. I understand the bit about you-tube videos, my brother also has an odd sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete