Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Margaret's Blog 3: Dream Journey


So in the story of the Trojan horse, the Greeks essentially pulled one over on the Trojans. The Greeks made a gigantic wooden horse, hid some of their soldiers in it, left it outside the gates to Troy and then pretended to sail away in defeat. That night, after the Trojans had pulled their “Victory Horse” inside the gates, the Greek soldiers got out and opened the gates to let the rest of the Greek army in. Of course the Greeks absolutely annihilated the Trojans, by surprising them in the middle of the night, and ultimately won the Trojan War. 

My dream journey would be to Hogwarts. Not the movie set, but to actually go there as a student for a week or so. Don’t even lie, I know most of you would want to go there too. I would explore the grounds, find as many secret passageways as I possibly could, and sneak into the kitchens so the house elves could gorge me on food. My class list would of course include: the care of magical creatures, transfiguration, and charms, but probably not potions, because Snape scares the pants off of me. I would attend a Quidditch match, rooting for anyone other than Slytherin, and I would read as many books from the library as is humanely possible in a week. This would be the greatest journey I could ever dream of; Being able to experience something so intertwined with my childhood. Oh, and no questions asked, if I saw Harry, Ron, or Hermione in the hallway I would shamelessly ask them for a picture (a magical moving one of course).

"Trojan Horse." Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation, 25 Sept. 2014. Web. 30 Sept. 2014. <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trojan_Horse>.

Here is a YouTube video of all of the trailers for movies 1-8, it’s quite magical I must say. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8-e_VdwAME

3 comments:

  1. I liked the extra video link you included. As well I liked your description of your dream journey. Good job overall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the informal tone of the blog post. It is easier to relate to and makes it more entertaining to read. Also the extra video link shows that you put the extra effort into the post. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YESSSS. Your dream journey is amazing. I would give almost anything to live in the world of Harry Potter and attend Hogwarts. The Harry Potter books are my absolute favorite books ever. If I could live at the Harry Potter world in Universal Studios I would be content with life.

    ReplyDelete