Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Post 4- Genghis Goodman

    The story of Odysseus and the trojan horse begins with the war between Greece and the city of Troy. The war started over the kidnaping of the most beautiful women on earth- Helen, and continued for ten straight years. Finally, however, Odysseus devised a plan to win Greece the war. His plan was to build a giant wooden horse and give it to the Trojans, possibly as a trophy to signify the surrendering of Greece. However it was just the opposite, for this horse was hollow and built to contain greek soldiers. The night the Trojans received the wooden horse they wheeled it into the city and started to celebrate and therefore drink. The Greeks then exited the wooden horse and proceeded to kill everything and win the war.

    My dream journey is a culmination of the places I would like to travel to the most. These places are: Hawaii (I have already been there, however I would like to explore more of the islands and do more adventurous stuff, such as cliff diving in Maui); China, to experience the different culture and lifestyle, I would like to visit the places where my mother grew up and truly understand the immense culture transition she would've had to go through when she moved from China to America; Tokyo; Dubai; and the Maldives islands (google image the Maldives and tell me you wouldn't want to go there). Although a single journey that encompasses all of these places is unlikely at best, I feel like in the future I can scratch quite a few of these destinations off my bucket list one at a time.

6 comments:

  1. I really like your dream journey. I think traveling to all those places would be fun as well. Finally I thought your description of the tale of the trojan horse could have been a little more concise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the parenthetical comment about the Maldives-- I looked it up and it's beautiful! We practically have the same blog post. I would also like to travel around, and I noted as well that all of these places in one trip is not feasible. Just a small grammatical error; in the first paragraph it's *woman when you're referring to Helen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The flow of this was really jazzy. However I feel like you are just parroting back what some other people said about the Trojan war. Also I think you should be a little more sure about what your are saying rather than the horse could "possibly" be a signal of surrender. Try to be less predictable with your dream journey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought the summary of the Trojan war story was well done. Also, the dream journey was nicely explained; you had a unique reason for each place you wanted to visit (not many people would write about specific events like cliff diving). Maybe elaborate a little more on the second part next time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the summary of the story was well done and concise. And your dream journey was explained well, and I also share that same dream. Maybe one day well be traveling and well meet up in some random place like BangKOK and well ball together as we always have.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very well done summary of the Trojan horse story, concise and too the point. I didn't know your mother grew up in China, so I can totally see why you would want to visit where she grew up. As for the Maldives, I did google a picture and now I understand why you want to travel there, now I do too.

    ReplyDelete