Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Assignment 2 Drew Sorenson - Pandora's Box

I would like first, before I retell the story, to point out that this story should be labeled "Pandora's Jar," or perhaps better yet, "Epimetheus' Jar Which Pandora Found and Unleashed Suffering on All of Mankind." Epimetheus and Prometheus stole fire from the gods and gave it to man, and as a punishment the gods gave to them womankind (sexist much, ancients?). She found Epimetheus' jar full of stuff and let that shit fly. Except for hope. She closed the lid on that. Among the evils she let loose that I would like to squelch are starvation, war, hatred, bell-bottom jeans, country music, AP Latin class, the alto saxophone, and the Confederate flag.

2 comments:

  1. I can't say that I agree with all of your evils. Even though I agree with most of them, I actually like the alto saxophone and would like the keep it around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post was very humorous. I was also very surprised at how well you summarized the story in such few words. really nice job

    ReplyDelete