Tuesday, September 30, 2014

4- Hallie Walther

Cain and Abel

In the biblical story, Cain and Abel (Genesis 4), Cain and Abel were brothers. Cain worked in the field and Abel worked with the flocks. One day, Cain brought some fruit to the Lord as an offering and Abel brought fat portions of the firstborn of his flock, the Lord commended Abel and didn't acknowledge Cain. This led to a tension between the two brothers and eventually Cain killed Abel.

Most siblings are expected to fight all the time, to hate each other, and not have a very supportive relationship with each other. This is seen everywhere, including the story of Cain and Abel. However, this is stereotype is the opposite of the relationship I have with my brother. My brother Henry is a Sophmomore in the Academy at Henry Clay. Out of all of the people in my family, I am closest to my brother, I tell him more about my personal life that any other person and he does the same with me. We help each other stay out of trouble with our parents, help each other study, go out to get food, help the other pick out what we are going to wear that day, and always are there to support one another. I love my brother and I don't know what I would do without him.

No comments:

Post a Comment