Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Lets build a horse - Jack Humphries

The great hero Achilles is dead. Stuck down in all his glory by an arrow let lose by fair Paris. In Achilles dying breaths, Greece seemed to lose all hope of recovering the lost fair Helen. In a stroke of genius though, the great commander Odysseus had a wooden horse built, and a plan made. The Greeks would lie and wait feigning a retreat while the great horse of the Greeks would be taken into Troy as the spoils of war. As night fell the hidden Greek hero’s opened the gates of the city and before the nights end, Troy had fallen.

My dream journey is to get away. To feel free: all the weights of life lifted off my chest. To have the wind at my back and smiling faces to greet me. Not to get to know necessarily, but to converse with. My dream journey is, in itself, just a journey after all. To go somewhere you’ve never gone before, to meet with people you’ve never met with prior to your quest, and to live life differently. This is what I want. To get away, away from life, finding solace in experience and discovery my journey will provide me with.


BERENS, Edward. A HAND-BOOK OF MYTHOLOGY. THE Myths and Legends OF ANCIENT GREECE AND ROME. NEW YORK: Maynard, Merrill, &. Print.

3 comments:

  1. I think its interesting that your dream journey has no set destination or specific goal. I like how you basically say it doesn't matter where you go, its just the fact that you're going someplace different that matters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The summary of the Trojan Horse story was very detailed and well written and it didn't get to drawn out. I also liked your idea of a dream journey but maybe you can be more specific about what you want to do and where you want to go, because the second paragraph is very vague.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Genghis in that your journey feels like your are going nowhere. Maybe list a few places that you enjoy and it could help me envision what your trying to depict in your second paragraph. Otherwise great summary about the horse.

    ReplyDelete