Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Genesis 1-3 and My Origins-Aaron Dupont

In Genesis 1 it talks about how God created the earth and what he created each of the first six days. He created things like light, darkness, seasons, grass, water, animals, and man. And on the seventh day God rested. In Genesis 2 it discussed how the first man God made was Adam and Adam lived in the Garden of Eden and God decided to give him the company of animals. God also made a
Woman out of one of Adam's ribs. God told them they could eat from all the trees except for one and if they ate from that tree then they would surely die. In Genesis 3 Eve is tempted by the snake to eat from the forbidden tree. Eve then brought food from the tree for Adam to eat and when god found out about this he cursed Adam and now Adam had to work for everything.


Many years later is when I was born. I was born in a small city just outside of Little Rock, Arkansas. This City was called Maumelle, Arkansas. I was born into an upper middle class family and we were fairly well off. Two years into my life my little brother was born. My parents always told me they had two kids so we could play with each other. But it seems like my brothers sole purpose in life is to make my life a living hell. He constantly annoys the crap out of me at every opportunity possible and whenever I retaliate he goes sobbing to Mom and Dad. Growing up in Arkansas and developed a lot of close friendships, but I would have to leave them all behind at the age of 9 because my mom got a great job offer at the University of Kentucky that she couldn't refuse. It was tough to move to a different city at that age. I cried for hours the day we left because I realized I would never see my friends from Arkansas again. Going into 4th grade in Kentucky I worked to make new friends. While I never forgot about my friends in Arkansas I quickly developed new friendships throughout Elementary, Middle, and High School. This is how I got to where I am today.

1 comment:

  1. Aaron,
    I can relate to this rather well, when I was 6 I left Pennsylvania for Kentucky and had to establish new friendships. I also have a sister with whom I fought for most of my years. Your origin is an interesting one, and I applaud you for it.

    Eliot

    ReplyDelete