Monday, March 9, 2015

Comedy-Zac Byrd

Oscar Wilde does a great job throughout this play introducing different puns and double entendres.  When Algernon was talking to Ernest saying "You are the most earnest-looking person I ever saw in my life", Algernon used a double entendre with the name Ernest and the characteristic. I prefer high comedy, especially satires. I enjoyed when Wilde talked about marriage, while not directly its about the relationship between Lady Harbury and her deceased husband.

I really enjoy some of the comedy in older movies.  While some of it is not intended comedy because the special effects and acting just aren't great I find it funny.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Za7bHIKsxc4 This is a clip from an Austin Powers movie.   The bantering between the two was nice. This is an extreme exaggeration of a male trying to impress a female.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eMkth8FWno  This is a clip from Month Python and the Holy Grail.  I think this is dramatic irony because of the stubbornness of the black knight.

No comments:

Post a Comment