Sunday, March 8, 2015

Comedy Blog Jania Stevenson

Algernon- You have always told me it was Ernest. I have introduced you as Ernest. You answer to the name of Ernest. You look as if your name was Ernest. You are the most earner-looking person I ever saw in my life. It is perfectly absurd your saying that your name isn't Ernest.

Here Algernon is talking to Ernest about his name. Ernest told Algernon that his name was Jack when Algernon had known him as Ernest the whole time. I found this funny because when Ernest tried to lie about his name, Algernon is just going on and on about the proof he has that is name is actually Ernest. They're also obviously poking fun at the fact that his name is Ernest, probably foreshadowing the fact that Ernest won't be as earnest as we thought.

This section of the play would probably be considered more "high" comedy, but I actually usually respond more to low comedy. I laugh at pretty much anything. For me the stupider something is, the funnier. Shows The Boondocks and Workaholics make me laugh all the time, a long with so many other things.

No comments:

Post a Comment