Sunday, March 8, 2015

Comedy: Rachel Hart

Algernon: But why does she call herself Cecily if she is your aunt and lives at Tumbridge Wells? "From little Cecily with her fondest love." Jack: My dear fellow, what on earth is there in that? Some aunts are tall, some aunts are not tall. That is a matter that surely an aunt may be allowed to decide for herself. You seem to think every aunt should be exactly like your aunt! That is absurd! For Heaven's sake give me back my cigarette case. Algernon: But why does your aunt call you her uncle? "From little Cecily with her fondest love to her dear uncle Jack." I find this part humorous as Jack has been caught in a lie about knowing Cecily. He tries to convince Algernon she's his aunt to cover up her real identity, but the more Algernon pushes the worse Jack's story gets. This is a good example of situational humor, the story quickly becomes nonsense and seems a tad bit absurd to the reader as to why Jack would lie about who Cecily was rather than just telling Algernon who she really was. I find humor in simple things, like people hurting themselves or doing stupid things that you know are going to end bad. It wouldn't be a long shot to say I can be easily amused, which is probably why I find humor in most reality shows like Dance Moms. The stupidity of moms arguing with their daughters' dance teacher or complaining about things at the studio when they could just choose to leave instead, makes me laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment