Sunday, March 8, 2015

Comedy Blog: Kelsey Halbert

 JACK: “You don’t think there is any chance of Gwendolen becoming like her mother in about a hundred and fifty years, do you, Algy?”
ALGERNON: “All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That’s his.”
JACK: “Is that clever?”
ALGERNON: "It is perfectly phrased! and quite as true as any observation in civilized life should be.”

This scene in Act I was particularly amusing to me because at a young age, no one ever wants to be anything similar to their mother, yet once they mature they realize later in life they are almost identical to one another. Also, this mocks how women become like their mothers but men do not. It is a tragedy for us, but not for them, somewhat chastising mothers/women. Most of the things my mom does right now is really irritating to me, but me not picking up almost everything she does is inevitable. 


Adult innuendos in children's movies are amusing to me. When I was younger the jokes would fly right over my head, but as I watch children's movies now I catch more and more of the adult jokes and it makes the movies hilarious. 




No comments:

Post a Comment