Sunday, March 8, 2015

Comedy-Jasa Harris

I found several scenes in Act One of The Importance of Being Earnest to be slightly funny. One of the first examples of comedy I saw was on page 2
Algernon: (Languidly) I don’t know that I am much interested in your family life, Lane.
Lane: No, sir, it is not a very interesting subject. I never think of it myself.  
I found Lane’s response to be funny. This is an example of sarcasm. I found it to be funny just because Lanes comes across as the sarcastic servant type who just doesn’t care. Lane refers to a serious, and important issue so nonchalantly, he brushes it off. Algernon dismisses Lane’s family, and Lane just completely agrees with him.

Personally, I think I am more into farce comedy. I just find it funny when people over exaggerate situations. And I think it’s funny when stupid, unrealistic stuff happens in movies and shows. Also, I like shock characters some of my favorites are the “dumb blonde” and the “Town bully.” Here are just some examples of farce comedy I enjoyed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00xPrvcUoQk&list=PLnMeHMOfQrAC4LXieGsunhPwW8Tig8Y1J In this clip everything is over exaggerated for no reason, and I found it to be funny. 

1 comment:

  1. This type of shows up absolutely excellent. Most of these smaller specifics are set up as well as lots of record being familiar with. I like this specific quite a lot. jual followers

    ReplyDelete