Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Assignment 8 - Genghis Goodman

The story of Daphne and Laurel Wreath started when Apollo challenged Eros' archery skills. As a result Eros shot two arrows at Apollo, one hit Apollo; however, one accidentally hit Daphne. The arrow that struck Apollo had a golden tip and caused him to be filled with lust. The arrow the struck Daphne caused her to loathe anything romantic. Apollo then, being filling with lust, pursued Daphne. In order to escape Apollo, Daphne prayed to her father, the river god Peneus, to help her escape. Peneus turned his daughter into a laurel tree. Apollo's love, however, persisted and he made a wreath out of the laurel trees which he wore thereafter.

Youth is nice, however it is a very small portion of the human experience. Five years ago I was very interested in eternal youth; I didn't really want to grow any older and I enjoyed the lack of pressure and responsibility that was placed on me. As I grew older, however, I realized how much the world has to offer. I now look forward to growing older and experiencing all of life. If I were to have eternal youth I would not be able to experience college, getting a job, owning property of my own, having children of my own, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment