Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Assignment 10 - Max

I've always liked the story of Echo and Narcissus just because of how ridiculous it was. Echo was a real talkative gal who angered Hera. Therefore, Hera punished her severely. She was forced to repeat everything that was said to her, which understandably annoyed Narcissus, a hunk who she fancied. Narcissus was rude to her, so she went off and died somewhere, but being a hunk, he was also rude to pretty much every other lady he saw, too. Hera, a big fan of ironic punishment, cursed him, and caused him to only be able to love his own reflection, the one thing that could never love him back.

A lot of people think Kanye West is a narcissist, but to someone who knows him like I do, it is clear that this is a load of trash. Being an ordained minister in a religion devoted to the man (long story,) perhaps I am not the most unbiased commentator on such a thing, but to anyone who ignores the media's attempts to paint him as a villain, it is clear that Kanye is the most inspirational and creative figure of our generation. Kanye is confident and outspoken, yes, but that shouldn't translate to obnoxious in people's minds. He simply says what he thinks, even if it's not the majority's opinion, and that is admirable, if you ask me, not damnable. I could go on for hours and hours defending Kanye, it's one of my passions, talk to me in person if you want more, but for now, I leave with this video. I watch it every morning to start my day motivated.

 http://vimeo.com/104956776

No comments:

Post a Comment