Monday, December 1, 2014

Echo and Narcissus

Echo was a nymph who was well known as a chatterbox. She talked all the time but as punishment from Zeus' wife Hera, her ability to speak was taken away. She wasn't able to say anything on her own, and was only able to repeat what others had said. She soon falls in love with Narcissus, but after seeing his own reflection, he falls I love with himself. He becomes so obsessed with himself that he eventually withers away from the love of himself and turns into a flower.

I don't really have any examples of narcissistic or altruistic people, but I have certain feelings about people in general with these traits. Narcissistic, selfish, self absorbed people just really annoy me. They only care about themselves and don't think about how others feel or how what they do may affect other people. Altruistic people are people I like though. Being selfless and caring about others is something I really respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment